Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/gokennye/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
gokennyedwards.com • View topic - Tell us about your favorite track
   Login    
   gokennyedwards.com
   Let's talk racing
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tell us about your favorite track
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Tell us about your favorite track

Post subject: Re: Tell us about your favorite track
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:02 pm 

Let's see..........I've only gone to one Nascar race,and that was the night race in Bristol last year............and it was a blast.It was hotter than heck,but it was way worth it.....We wanted to do something really special for our 20 year wedding anniversary,so we decided to go to a Nascar race.I asked my dad,if there was any track he could go to,which one,and he said Bristol,didn't have to think about it. So, we started to make plans...My husband is not a fan of "crowds",and he didn't want to drive in that crazy mess,so we looked into a travel package that we got our tickets to the Busch race,cup race,our hotel room,and travel on a very nice air conditioned bus to and from the track.it was perfect for us,who had never been to a race,was a nice way to sit back and let someone else worry about the traffic,and was so glad we decided to do that...I remember,driving to Bristol,the closer we got,was amazed by the campers,WOW!!!!!!!!! I could have sat on the side of the freeway and just watch them pull in....The track was just amazing,and the racing was great,I loved it....We were warned about the noise,so we had earplugs,and so glad we had them..We had the higest seat possible,but we could see the entire track. I do remember,for the Busch race,we were amazed how the grandstand shook when we all stood up for the National Anthem,it scared me..LOL...then the flyover,oh my,that was incredible....The racing was great,and I could actually keep up on the small track..Saturday,we got to sit in the hospatality tent all day,and that was nice,and even had Kenny Wallace come in and talk to us,and that was fun..he was a NUT....LOL then the race,well,when Carl got the lead,the race just wouldn't go any faster...LOL...the yellows kept coming out,and I kept thinking,that is good,he can have the lead longer,and each restart,he always pulled away from Kasey...I remember having my fingers crossed the last 20 laps,and with 10 laps to go,Kevin wanted to leave,to get to the bus,and I said, "are you nuts?"...LOL....I was crying with 5 laps to go,and when he took the checkered,I was shaking,it was great...I didn't get a good look at the back flip,but I did see it....we hope to go back someday,but it will be a few years.

I live in northern Wisconsin,and we have a lot of dirt track racing up here....we try to go to Langlade County Speedway on Friday nights in Antigo,and we try to go to the Shawano Co. Speedway on Saturday nights...They have IMCA modifdes and late models,and I love the love models.........my favorite driver is #81 Troy Springborn,he can be a dirty driver,but he can drive the wheels off that thing....my dad raced in Eagle River Wi through out the 80's,and he drove the #33 Orange crate(he thought the color was orange,but it was actually red). I loved watching him race.....My hubby raced here in Crandon for a for years,and did pretty good,and he never blew up an engine......he is a great engine builder,and wished he would have pursued that...but he just does it on the side,and he is now training our son Matt how to build them,so that is cool...